I used the same rail last year..

The kiosk for dispensing railway tickets to the best of my knowledge accept
all major credit cards with no additional fees as I am pretty sure I used
that last year.

There is indications on the platform as to the direction of which the train
would be going if I recall correctly.

The train has a LCD monitor that displays approaching stations plus auto
audio announcements of approaching station.

The trains are not crowded so as long as you can handle your luggage, you
should be able to get it all in. The trains even have a bike rack which is
kind cool in case some of you decide to go around SJC on a bike.

Joe

  _____