Please look into this:

https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/ars81/Granular+overlays

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Longwing, Lj
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:32 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Overlay

**
Yup...go look in the documentation regarding 'granular overlay' :)

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Ron Young
<rpyo...@southernco.com<mailto:rpyo...@southernco.com>> wrote:
Another something for you all...

Is this new  (may be new to me)...something that just got added to 8.1 dev or
have I just not been seeing it. I clicked on a field on one of my forms in Best
mode and under properties it has a box with 2 drop down boxes

Permissions - Overlay Type: (No overlay, Additive, Overwrite)

Others - Overlay Type: (No overlay, Overwrite)

Has this always been there in 8.1?