From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Pierson, Shawn
Sent: 01 October 2013 14:05
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: SRM 7.6.4 to Incident Strange Error

**

Good morning,

I'm running into a strange issue that I wanted to see if anyone has
identified before.  Basically, I have an AOT that is tied to an Incident
Template.  As a part of this AOT, I've extended the available fields to be
able to assign automatically to a specific Incident Assignee.  All of that
works fine.  What stopped working, apparently as a result of adding the
Assignee for the Incident, is the ability to use the Status from the
Incident template.  Normally when I assign it to a group automatically I set
the Status in the template to "Assigned".

In this case, despite that, SRM gives me this error when I submit a request:

I tried creating a new Incident Template and doing a similar thing with the
assignment to make sure it wasn't just a weird bug tied to that specific
AOT, and that somehow triggers an override of the Status as well and sets it
to "New" rather than pulling it from the template.

I'm going to investigate the logging and maybe end up making a quick Filter
to fix this since I'm on a tight deadline to implement this otherwise simple
SRM form into Production tomorrow (definitely no time to involve BMC Support
either.)  However, if any of you have run into this and have a solution I'd
love to hear how you got past this error.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson

Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer

Private and confidential as detailed here
<http://www.energytransfer.com/mail_disclaimer.aspx> . If you cannot access
hyperlink, please e-mail sender.