Good morning,

I wanted to throw this out there for feedback.  Most of the functionality for
hub and spoke in ITSM seems focused on using it between various production
environments between different groups that have their own Remedy systems within
an organization.

My company currently has one production Remedy instance and we're probably
going to be fine with that for the next year at least.  However, I was thinking
that this may be useful from a non-Production system standpoint.  What I'm
thinking is that I set up the Production server as the hub, and my development
and test environments as spokes.  This should help keep my foundation data
fresh between all of the systems.  However, I have a few questions that will
determine whether or not it will work:

1)      Can you implement hub and spoke without buying DSO licenses (e.g. is
DSO now included or is it still a separate product?)

2)      Can you control what data is synchronized between the hub and spoke
servers? (e.g. can you exclude Production notifications from the sync?)

3)      Is it possible to remove the relationship temporarily, keeping the data
on the spoke server, in such a way that you can test certain data/configuration
changes without it being overwritten from the hub?

4)      Is it possible to push data from the spoke back up to the hub?

5)      Are there any other potential risks from adopting hub and spoke to keep
non-Production systems up to date?

This isn't a critical thing for me, more of a discussion point, but if it works
it could save us all a lot of effort especially around keeping test and
production systems similar.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.energytransfer.com/mail_disclaimer.aspx .  If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.