Folks,

It might be my lack of understanding or knowledge on the use of Business Object
and their Universe. Our Business Object team just told me that they are having
some data issues related to some of their reports. More correctly some of the
users are reporting that the data reported in incorrect. A quick look at the
data confirms that Business Objects Universe is ignoring the BMC Overlays.

Is this correct? Do we really need to manually update Business Object Universe?
Have I lost out on something here? A few new Status Reasons has been created on
HPD:Help Desk. The new reasons are completely ignored by BO Universe. Is this
correct? I would expect that there were "some code or layer in between" that
fixed this?

A quick check of the SQL code generated by Business Objects:

SELECT DISTINCT FIELD_ENUM_VALUES.enumId, field_enum_values.value AS
STATUS_REASON
FROM field_enum_values
WHERE field_enum_values.schemaId =
 (SELECT SCHEMAID
      FROM arschema
      WHERE name = 'HPD:Help Desk')
AND field_enum_values.fieldId = 1000000150

If changed to access the overlay - the related report is correct?
SELECT DISTINCT FIELD_ENUM_VALUES.enumId, field_enum_values.value AS
STATUS_REASON
FROM field_enum_values
WHERE field_enum_values.schemaId =
      (SELECT SCHEMAID
      FROM arschema
      WHERE name = 'HPD:Help Desk__o')
AND field_enum_values.fieldId = 1000000150

I would expect this to be fixed or handled by BMC Software. Or am I dreaming?

ARS 7.604SP2
SQL 2008
Windows.

Thanks,