From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of LJ LongWing
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 9:36 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Field is there... but not there

**
Kelvin,
The field is a read-only field, if you look at the database details, you should
be able to confirm that.  If you copy the field, delete it, save the form,
paste it back onto the form, then change it's type to optional, then re-save
the form, you should be good to be able to start saving data in the field.

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Wallace, Kelvin
<kelvin.wall...@freshfromflorida.com<mailto:kelvin.wall...@freshfromflorida.com>>
 wrote:
**
Totally customized forms:

Form A (display only) gathers info which is pushed to Form B.  One field (an
optional field) never gets populated in the push.

I can go to Form B and enter data in the field and save.  The data is still
there in the field after the save.  If I refresh the form, the data is gone.

So, I go out to Oracle and do a desc, and the field is not there.  I tried
moving that field and saving the form, but the column still does not show.

Solaris 10
Oracle 10g (10.2.0)

Next step?  I was thinking of deleting the field and recreating - but I was
wondering if someone else had experienced this issue.

Kelvin R. Wallace
Data Processing Manager
Office of Agriculture Technology Services
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

(850) 245-1067<tel:%28850%29%20245-1067> - Office
(850) 245-1075<tel:%28850%29%20245-1075> - Fax
kelvin.wall...@freshfromflorida.com<mailto:kelvin.wall...@freshfromflorida.com>

The Mayo Building
407 South Calhoun Street
Room B-11, Mail Stop M-3
Tallahassee FL  32399-0800

www.FreshFromFlorida.com<http://www.freshfromflorida.com/>

Please note that Florida has a broad public records law (Chapter 119, Florida
Statutes). Most written communications to or from state employees are public
records obtainable by the public upon request. E-mails sent to me at this
e-mail address may be considered public and will only be withheld from
disclosure if deemed confidential pursuant to the laws of the State of Florida.