We are seeing this too (8.0).  One case where this has been a long-term
issue for a particular user was just escalated to me late last week.  I
logged in with that account and opened a task that was reported as having
the issue with no problem.  I should be talking with him later today to see
if we can get to the bottom of it.  People are blaming it on his account
but his account worked fine for me.  I'll report back with what we find.

Jason