Hi,

If you login to the support web site, it is easy to find the license-purge:
http://www.bmc.com/support/reg/purgelicense-5034.html?c=n

You need the hostid of the new host, and the most robust way would be to
install your AR Server and check this through a client and open the add/remove
licenses form from the admin console. This is also where you can find the old
key from the current server.

But on most systems, for example Linux and Windows, the hostid is the primary
NIC mac address. Hexadecimal, Lower case, and without separator.

As long as I remember, you have had a 60 day grace period to actually complete
the transfer to the new server before your old one needs to be shut down. My
guess is that this could be negotiable depending on your situation and needs.

Sometimes your old licenses are not found, or have become mixed up during your
history with Remedy/BMC. If that is the case you should be able to request a
temporary trial license to be able to start the process. When everything is
sorted, you delete the trial license and add the real one.

Note that the only license that actually has a key nowadays, and needs to be
purged/requested, is the AR Server license key.

Ask the Remedy Licensing Experts (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12/13):