We are running into a catch-22 style situation with some of our reconciliation
jobs for a 8.1 migration.

The data that we have in our existing environment is made up of hardware info
in a BMC class (e.g. BMC_ComputerSystem) and financial information in the
AST:Attributes class. We have a Pentaho job that moves data to a staging form
where workflow kicks off and moves the data to the appropriate forms and links
the forms together using the InstanceID and ReconciliationID.

The problem occurs when we attempt to reconcile this data from our SANDBOX
dataset to our ASSET dataset. If we run a standard identify and merge job, the
merge creates duplicate entries in ASSET...I'm assuming this is because our
workflow creates a ReconciliationID as part of the form linkage so the
identification fails against existing data from ADDM in the ASSET dataset due
to the different ReconciliationIDs. I can zero out the ReconciliationIDs for
the record in BMC_BaseElement and AST:Attributes and the reconciliation job
then identifies and merges successfully...but any data from AST:Attributes.

I've tried using custom identification rule sets for each class in our SANDBOX
and run into the same issue as with the standard job. I also lose Attribute
info if I leave the ReconID in AST:Attribute alone and only zero out the one in
BMC_BaseElement.

Questions:

a) Is there an easier way to import data that shows up in a join form, e.g.
AST:ComputerSystem? Keep in mind that we'll need to do this for several
different asset classes.
b) If not, are their recommendations for changes to the data import workflow or
in the reconciliation job? Is there a different way to link data on these
forms?? How are the rest of the folks on here managing this process?

Patrick Swint