Barb,
A number of years ago, some enterprising person wrote a complex batch file
with a series of run-macro commands to manage account creation in our
Remedy system.  I recently had a chance to take a look at the code because
it was having some problems, and it's rather advanced as far a batch file
programming is concerned, but rather simple as well.  I had recommended at
the time to use Web Services...or a Custom Java program to accept the
input, but they decided to go with the batch file.