Watch the sql logs on startup and you will find ypur answer.  Look at the
queruwles, data beingbreturned and ask yourself if it makes sense.  You can
get it to start faster by deletung all the objects on the server.  Last
time I looked, the long startup time has less to do with the cache
operation and more to do with by je db retrieval operation.  It used to
retrieve data from the db like field_dispprop x times, where x equals
field_dispprop / 1000.  Itbwouldbretrieve the entire table to load 1kbrows
into cache.  Itbwould repeat this until al. Rows were loaded.  It would do
similarvfor arschema, field, group, etc.  Not surebif this still holds true
or not today, but the sql logs will confirm.