What is the email client that you are using to approve? If you are using Lotus
notes or Web then there is a known issue.

Regards,
Rahul

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jennifer Varkey
Sent: Wednesday, 26 February 2014 4:13 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Modify key is missing in the incoming email -- Email based Change
approvals

**
This is regarding Email Based Change approvals, on ITSM/ARS 8.1
We are following the following document;

https://communities.bmc.com/community/bmcdn/bmc_it_service_support/change_process_management/blog/2013/12/17/the-pulse-email-based-approvals

and we observed that the modify-key is missing in the incoming email; (in the
Email Messages Form)

After the user clicks on the Approve, it opens an email for the configured
mailbox user with the respective subject.

We just send this email without modifying the text.

Since there is no modify-key, it generates the below error;

Message Number: 4935
Message Text: The modify key is missing from the incoming modify action email
message, unable to execute Instructions.

Please do advise, if there is something missing;

Kind Regards,
Sonia