Hello List,

Production --  6.1.7 UNIX with ARS 7.5 Patch 4 on Oracle 11.2.0.3, all local.

the server/app/db can handle the load. the issue is that we are consuming 80%
entitlement.

Yesterday, our application hosting group reported high cpu utilization on
server. we have 2 cpu entitlement, 12 gb.

the weird part:
user A , yesterday ran this query = SELECT C1,C4,C3,C1,C600000046,C600000000
FROM T72 WHERE C1 IN ('004338508')

- but the query is now in a loop.  it seems that as the user that is running
the query logout/timeout, the query captures the next incoming user to execute.

the dba cannot kill that process, because it the run/executing and close - very
fast. So the issue is not a hung query against the DB. However, they kill some
other processes, that seem to have eliminated the respawn of that query. I'm
waiting on the dba to tell us what he saw/tried killing - that resulted in
stopping the loop.

per the dba , that query has ran 40,000 times against the db. The current user
that has been logged - the query has executed 19,000 times with that id.

what cause the query to go into a loop?