Hi folks,
I have found that a customized character field, that I had created in Remedy
7.01, is working with new incident requests, but not with existing incidents.
When hitting the Save button, after entering anything into this character
field, on existing incidents, the contents of the field are removed. When
trying to troubleshoot the issue, I found that the form, HPD:Help Desk, no
longer has the same tabs, including the Classification tab, where the field was
created.

I looked at the join form, HPD:Help Desk Classic, and I see that the field is
showing there. So, I thought I would just recreate the field, on the classic
form, which I did on my development system, but found that the field was not a
searchable field as the entry mode is not editable; it is display only. I have
since read that all you can get from adding a field to a join form is a display
only field. Other than the "searchable" concern, the field actually performed
well. But, it is imperative that I have a searchable field for this scenario.

Can anyone suggest how I might accomplish this?

Thank you,

Susan Champagne

The information contained in this e-mail and document(s) attached are for the
exclusive use of the addressee and may contain confidential, privileged and
non-disclosable information. If the recipient of this e-mail is not the
addressee, such recipient is strictly prohibited from reading, photocopying,
distributing or otherwise using this e-mail or its content in any way.