From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Terje Moglestue
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:44 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Fault Dev Studio 8.1, create Drop-Down field?

Is this a fault? It should be easy to reproduce.

I got a OOB form where overlay is already created. I then want to create a
new Selection field that is not in any view. Here is how I do it:

-          Open form where the overlay is created.

-          Right click on the default view. Select "Create a New Field", "In
No View" and "Selection Field".

-          The new field is created. I fine the new field using the Outline.
Click on Attributes, Selections to update the valid Selections.

-          The Selection dialog pops up with one record Default 1.

-          I now want to change the Selection Value and the Alias. I click
on the 'Default 1' in the Selection Values column. This allow me to update
the value.

-          Click on the Alias is impossible. I can click - but nothing
happened. I am unable to change the Alias value.

-          I can add a new selection. Same time.

Using the menu Form, Create a New Field, In No View. Same thing.

Let's try to create a new field within the current view. Well the option is
there - but the different field types are all disabled. Is the overlay
corrupt?

I am working in Best Practice Customization Mode.

Regards,
Terje