There is a very small list of people on this planet that likely have an
answer to that question....but before I answered, I wanted to do a bit of
reading up on these 'No-SQL' DB's to see what all the fuss is about, never
having seen or worked with one, I needed to educate myself a bit :).  So, I
read the article you mentioned, noticing that it is a VERY generic article,
showing all sorts of wonderful stats about why MongoDB is better than its
competitors...reading a stat sheet on a 'vendor's' website that touts it's
better than others is hardly surprising...so I Googled a bit and found this
article interesting to describe the difference between SQL and NoSQL DB's.

http://www.neonrain.com/blog/mysql-vs-mongodb-relational-and-non-relational-databases

A key point that I read in that article discusses structured vs
non-structured schemas.

I've been working with one SQL DB or another for going on 20 years or
so...so I consider myself fairly educated on the Relational DB realm.  I
have also been programming in Java for ~6 years, and I consider myself
fairly well versed in 'Object Oriented Programming'....now, my familiarity
with OOP, helps me understand NoSQL structures a bit better than I think I
would likely be able to without a bit more study....so, with all of that
said...

I'm not entirely sure that 'Remedy' fits into the 'NoSQL' bucket very
well...it's not really a matter of programming a version of Remedy that can
store data in a MongoDB...but an architectural decision as to if that even
makes sense.  When I think of say....an Incident, or any Remedy form for
that matter, it's very 'structured', and relies on that underpinning
structure to keep the framework.  Moving in a direction of NoSQL structure,
I'm not sure that it would be 'Remedy as we know it' anymore...it would be
something else entirely.

I'm not saying that would be a bad thing, but it would be a fundamental
shift I think.

So, with that in mind...I have NO IDEA what BMC is going to do in this
space, if anything.  Relational DB's have been around for 30+ years, and
aren't going away any time soon....so I'm not sure if BMC will feel any
need to move in that direction any time soon :)