With the 7.5 WUT I am able to type ahead a few characters on a couple of
fields, but maybe it's because they have very large menus (over 15,000 items)
so the matching is slow enough to take the extra character input - also,
they're set to match anywhere (if that's a factor).   Other fields only take
the first character.

But the same action on the midtier doesn't seem to work the same way - it only
matches the first character even on the large menus.  (In this case these
fields aren't using auto-complete.)

David D.

David Durling
University of Georgia