If you are asking our opinion of the strategy, I am opposed to it.
Services are the what, not the how.  I might add that management
requirements should be the same.  Tell me what you need, and let me figure
out how.

If they want to track this via Services, create one or more that describes
the generic function being performed for the customer.  Making them
customer specific leads to an out of control service catalog.

Rick