Hi,

We have been experiencing latency, and other errors on our Remedy
Production Server. In QA, we received an RPC error.
Total memory = 24 G
Cache memory = 4 G
Buffer =  6 G
Swap = 8 G
Free memory = 150 mb.

Our Lead, who has some Linux, and no Remedy Development - advised us  to
ignore the 150 mb, because with Linux, as long as the server has the 5G of
cache, then Remedy will use the cache so he sees no reason for concern.  It
appears as if Remedy is not using the cache though based on the  performance.
 Our Lead stated -  unless there is an error in the  Remedy logs that
states "memory low" - then we do not have a memory  issue. Over the last few
days, the free memory went from 1 Gb to 150 mb  free.  However I was told that
this is how Linux works, and there  really is no problem at all. Also, this
is a  Remedy system where the  tables are very large, and increasing by the
day, and there is no  archiving. We are in a server group.  Some team members
seem to feel  that applications can run good on 150 mb of memory.

How do we know for sure if there is a memory issue  (i.e. leaking  memory,
wrong sizing etc)? or if Remedy is using this cached memory? Is there  any
documentation regarding memory leak issues on 7.6.4?