Hi ARSListers,

I have rarely posted to the ARSList in the past as I have mostly benefited from the various discussions (especially from this account) so many here may not know me however I have been trying to be more active in the Remedy ecosystem as of late. Some may have seen my many posts / tutorials on leveraging the BMC Remedy Java API on the BMC Communities and on my own blog site (www.soleauthority.net).

The purpose of this email is I would like to share information about a new productivity tool that I have just released for mainstream consumption which happens to be my first ever commercial tool. I have been evolving this tool over the past few weeks/months in my spare time and I'm comfortable now that it's grown to the point I would love to get it out there to the masses as it has been quite useful for to myself to date and I would it would be to others as well.

I named the tool "Entry Inspector" and it is a Java based GUI utility designed to leverage the power of the BMC Remedy Java API to give you back some control & finesse over your Remedy data that used to be much easier prior to the shift to Mid-Tier only setups.

In summary, Entry Inspector is a utility that puts the power to manipulate, explore, export & delete data from any BMC Remedy system quickly and accurately all wrapped into a simple to use interface. It is meant as a productivity tool for Administrators, Developers and Consultants. It’s purpose is not to bring back the full BMC Remedy User Tool experience however it attempts to rectify certain gaps left by it’s departure.

Specifically, at a high level, here is a list of the capabilities provided:

- The ability to Query and display data from any form, including fields that normally are hidden
- The ability to Modify single or bulk entries extremely quickly
- The ability to Export single, selected or all entries within a Remedy form, in both ARX and CSV format - The ability to Delete single, selected or all entries within a Remedy form extremely quickly

I have a write up of the utility as well as a bit of a feature walk on my site, it can be directly reached from this link (also includes the download link as well as the purchasing link):

http://www.soleauthority.net/entry-inspector-view-modify-export-delete-data-quickly/

I would love feedback on this tool and have provided a fully functional evaluation version that can be downloaded where the only restriction is that it will limit all actions to a maximum of five (5) entries and a small nag label will be present on the main interface. For those who decide to purchase the full version, I will strive to get your license keys as quickly as I can which will remove the nag screen and limitations imposed to truly have the power of this tool unleashed.

I will continue to add new capabilities into this tool that makes sense and those who purchase a license will benefit from that at no additional cost for all future versions of this software.

Cheers,

--
Curtis Gallant
SoleAuthority Consulting