I think we figured it out...
security folks found a vulnerability  with the  " "  in the registry
settings for executable..

Another possible solution for Error 1076:

Go to Registry > HKEY LOCAL MACHINE > System > CurrentControlSet > Services
-> BMC Remedy Action System Server service Check the ImagePath where
amonitor.exe is defined in double quotes "C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC
Software\ARSystem\armonitor.exe"

If this is double-quoted, please remove quotes and restart the ARServer
services.

--
Patrick Zandi