From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of William Rentfrow
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 12:17 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Reconciliation speed

***Re-sending as plain text since someone told me the message came across funny:

I've done some more digging and I found some "genius" SQL.

For every update, this SQL is run prior to the update - it takes 2+ minutes.

SELECT T525.C1,C179 FROM T525 WHERE (((T525.C490008000 =
'OI-C977B38EDF4A11E2883C005056B30743') OR (T525.C490009000 =
'OI-C977B38EDF4A11E2883C005056B30743')) AND (T525.C400079600 =
'BMC.CORE:BMC_BASERELATIONSHIP') AND ((T525.C400129100 IS NULL) OR
(T525.C400129100 = 0))) ORDER BY 1 ASC

The "OR"s in there is an issue obviously.  T525 is BMC.CORE.BMC_Impact_D, which
is of course an inner join form (WHY?! WHY?! WHY!?!?!) of BMC Base Relationship
to itself.