I am posting this because this drove me crazy and it ended up being
something simple.

1. I created a new user in CTM:People.
2. I added the ITSM Permissions that I thought they'd need and tried to
login as them and open a new Change Request.
3. Upon saving the Change, I got

You dont have write access to field:<several background fields>(ARERR 330)

4. After trying various things from BMC:Communites, I finally thought to
myself: I wonder if "General Access" permission is saved in the User form?

5. I looked and it wasn't there. I had assumed that "General Access" was
default, but you know the old saying about Assuming: "A.s out of U and me!"

6. Once I added this, everything worked normally.

I decided to add this to ARSList, because it drove me nuts for a while and
Communites was no help.

Let me know if this helps you some day?

Gordon Frank