From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of patrick zandi
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2014 3:14 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Slightly OT: Connecting SQL*Plus client to an Oracle Database..

**

or was it 8.1.01.001.0001
or 8.1.01.001.0001.00001

 LOL !!!   too early for friday humor...

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM, patrick zandi <remedy...@gmail.com> wrote:

got two tricks I learned recently to try... apparently coding and the Q&A
might not be the same these days...

ar.conf

modify the db server name to the following    HOSTNAME,PORT     (Yes that is
COMMA PORT) because of the underlying JAVA doing the connection.

(Don't ask how I did that)

#2  SLM issues in the oracle RAC // the actual configurations Remedy built
need to be modified cause the use the Rhyme  Value:value:value and the
oracle rac is looking for

value:value\value   (Yes it is  Value Colon value Slash value )

Weird issues..  I found in 8.1.01 Windows based ARS / ITSM