From: Roger Nall <arslist.n...@gmail.com>
To: arslist <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Mon, Jul 14, 2014 6:16 pm
Subject: CMDB and Remedy 8.1 Upgrade

Greetings everyone. It has been way to long but hopefully I am back for a
while.

 have a chance at a position in North Texas. This position will be upgrading a
.6.4 system to 8.1. The system is mostly custom but also includes the Asset
anagement module and CMDB. As someone who has only worked on 100% custom
ystems this could present a problem.
Here are my questions:
 1. For changes to OOB modules done in Best Practices mode what happens to
those
hanges during an upgrade to 8.1. Are they preserved or do they need to be
ecreated?
2. I have the same question as above for changes made in Base Development mode.
3. Does anyone have a list of processes or gotchas for upgrade the CMDB?

hanks,
Roger Nall
Where the Answers Are, and have been for 20 years"