I will take a guess, of course not the logic it these are expendale items and
do not have a life cycle.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Westbrock <rwestbr...@24hourfit.com>
To: arslist <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Wed, Jul 23, 2014 4:16 pm
Subject: How is Asset Lifecycle used for AST:BulkInventory records?

**

Hi all, we are using a custom application to interface with our CMDB (ARS
7.1.0, ITSM 7.0.3) including management of bulk inventory items. Since the
AST:BulkInventory form does not expose the Asset Lifecycle Status field (which
I will refer to as just Status from here on out) is anyone familiar with how
that field might be used in workflow?

We don't do requisitions or purchases via ITSM, we had been manually adding CI
records via the CMDB interface up until recently. When doing so the BMC
workflow sets the Status to Ordered and it will stay that way as long as that
record exists. When I started importing bulk inventory assets into
AST:BulkInventory via CSV files I was mapping Status = In Inventory.

I am curious as to whether the ITSM code even looks at the Status value for
bulk inventory assets so any input would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to
use ARInside to suss out this information but thought that there might be a few
experts in the audience who might have some valuable information to share.

Thanks,
Rick
Rick Westbrock
AppOps Engineer | IT Department