From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Hennigan, Sandra
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 10:18 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Oracle Upgrade Question

**
Any DBA/Remedy guru out there?

Environment:
ARS 8.1
ITSM 8.1
Oracle db
Atrium SSO 8.1
Mid-Tier 8.1.01 SP1

We are currently on version 11.2.0.3 of the Oracle database. Oracle is planning
to release the 12.1.0.2 patchset for the 12c database in the next few months.
Once it is released, the DBA would like to start upgrading our databases from
11.2 to 12c.  This is considered a major Oracle product version upgrade.

I checked the compatibility matrix and got this:

Database                                                        Operating System
Microsoft SQL 2008, Microsoft SQL 2008 R2       Microsoft Windows 2008 (64
bit), Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 (64bit)
Oracle 11g , Oracle 11g R2                      Solaris 10
Oracle 11g, Oracle 11g R2                               Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 5 (64-bit)
Oracle 11g , Oracle 11g R2                      Microsoft Windows 2008 (64
bit), Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 (64bit)Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you,

Sandra Hennigan
Remedy Developer