how much data this escalation is suppose to process? Note that you are
running it every minute.

You can try below approach.

1. Put this escalation on a separate escalation pool..
2. Try running it during the off peak business hours (when there is less
load on the server)
3. Enable Escalation, API/SQL/Filter logs at the scheduled time of the
escalation run & see what activity is been performed at that time.

HTH,

Regards,
Mayuresh