Hi Joe! I always have with no issues.

________________________________
 From: Joe D'Souza <jdso...@shyle.net>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:24 AM
Subject: Using an ID like 1000000001 (BMC Software's development field range)
in a home grown custom form...

**
Is there any repercussion from using a
field ID like 1000000001 in a custom build form?

This field ID is the Company field ID in
the COM:Company form and I wanted to build a ‘staging/integration’
form to accept data using AIE, process it if necessary, before I push it to the
‘Load’ form. To make the Push fields easier and speed up my
development time, I wanted to use the same Field ID’s and Field names.

The above specific ID was just an example.
I intend using the same ID’s for other staging forms I build for
location, site, people etc. as the ID’s in their respective foundation
forms.

To the best of my knowledge from the
documented reserved ranges, the ranges used for the foundation data in the
foundation forms, are not reserved ranges for any functional type of fields.
Sure they are within the BMC Software range that is used by their developers
for their applications, but since this staging/integration form is fully
custom, I see no harm using those Field ID’s.. Did anyone have any issues
doing the same?

Joe