As it turned out, it is a configuration parameter that needs to be set in
the ar.conf file. Seems it's a new parameter that was introduced
specifically to fix that known bug.  According to BMC Support, that
parameter was introduced in SP5 of AR Server 7.6.04.

Max-Entries-Per-Search-Menu: 0

to set it to unlimited. May have performance impact in some areas, but we'll
see how it goes. Right now after introducing it and restarting the AR Server
things look like they sort out ok in one chunk instead of multiple chunks..

Cheers

Joe

  _____