Have you tried using expdf and comparing what is created with your files?

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Patrick Zandi
Sent: 24 September 2014 20:50
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: CMDBDRIVER - importing

**

Attempting to do a CMDB Driver utility import

Following all the guides (I can find)

 **  Zero errors in any logs that I see

init

logon (blah blah blah)

Command: impdf

DEFINITION IMPORT

Import Item List:

Number of import items (0): 1

   Item Type: (Class, Attribute) (1-2) (1): BMC.CORE, BMC_COMPUTERSYSTEM

Import option : Create/Overwrite (1-2) (1): 2

Filename containing import data: d:\Test01_CMDB.xml

   CMDBImportDef  results

ReturnCode:  WARNING

Status List : 1 items

Status Struct :

   Message type : WARNING

   Message number :  120136

Message:  The requested object was not found in the import buffer.

   Appended:  :

ERROR MESSAGE MEANS THE FOLLOWING:

The requested object was not found in the import buffer.
(CMDB_WARNING_REQUESTED_IMPORT_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND)
Description The import item list object (class or attribute) that you requested
does not exist in the .xml (import) file.
Solution Make sure that the requested import object (class or attribute) exists
in the .xml (import) file.

The file does have the

BMC.CORE, BMC_COMPUTERSYSTEM  both..

----AS BELOW--- shows...

<class>
        <classNameId>
            <namespaceName>BMC.CORE</namespaceName>
            <className>BMC_ComputerSystem</className>
        </classNameId>
        <classId>BMC_COMPUTERSYSTEM</classId>
        <classTypeInfo>
            <classRegular/>
        </classTypeInfo>
        <superclassNameId>
            <namespaceName>BMC.CORE</namespaceName>
            <className>BMC_System</className>
        </superclassNameId>
        <characList>
            <singleton>false</singleton>
            <abstract>none</abstract>
            <final>false</final>
            <description>

---- etc etc ----

Got any expertise / insight in this?  --- I think it is something simple..

Documentation links.

https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/ac81/BMC+Atrium+CMDB+C+API+error+messages
  <-- Error messages

https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/ac81/cmdbdriver+program