I'm trying to do an "upgrade" on a new VM server.  Did ARS 7.6.04 PS3 to ARS
8.01.03.  Just a few hiccups.

 Going from Atrium Core 7.6.04 SP3 to SP5 has been the nightmare.  Once that is
done then I'll be doing the rest of the ITSM stuff which is heavily overlayed!

I have had the DBA copy the Prod DB to a new space RemTST and the installer for
the CMDB told me to delete the Overlays for some of the "BMC.CORE:" forms.

When I did this using Dev Studio (after confirming with the support dude), the
tables went from "Overlayed" to "Unmodified". On RemTST.

It also happened on RemProd.  The Production Database.  I was not even logged
into the Prod server in Dev Studio.  All those forms now show Unmodified
instead of Overlayed.

Because the fields were entered using the class manager, my fields should still
be there.  There is a backup from this morning for RemProd.

The DBA looked at the database on the Oracle level and said that the table ID
numbers I gave him are there.  They do not show up when I look at the DB via
ArUtilities.

Any Ideas?   I have not had to delete an overlay since going into production
and am concerned about the ramifications.

All I have gotten from BMC support for all of my questions regarding this
upgrade have been copies of KB articles instead of just a yes/no answer to my
direct questions.

Once Again!  Overlays do not make patching and upgrading easier!

Claire