From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Hennigan, Sandra, CTR, DSS
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:45 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Outgoing Email

New install of 8.1.01. - Working to configure Outgoing SMTP The Config,
std.err.log & stdout.log are attached.

We are fighting "530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated" error in the
stderr.log - Outgoing email messages error out and are not sent.

NOTE: The mailbox information was not entered during the installation as the
mailbox was just created this week.

The Exchange Admin made sure that the ARS server was in the SMTP relay & that
the user information was correct.
The AR System does not require authentication.
The TCP port is correct.
Port 25 is open for use.
The password has been retyped.
We have switched between using the User name or the Email address as the Email
Server User.
The AR Email service was restarted between changes.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you,

Sandra

Sandra Hennigan