Hello Rick,

This is mostly because of incompatibility issues between server- and
client-api-version. The current version of ARInside uses version 8.1 of the
ARAPI. The API failed to loaded the mentioned field from the server, because
the received data is invalid. It would be helpful to know some
version-/database-details of your environment.

I’ve seen this:
- if you connect to a rather old ARServer version
- or there is some invalid or corrupted meta data in the database

I can’t guarantee we can find a workaround. What you should do:

1) Like John Kenny suggested, try open it in DevStudio/AdminTool. (Normally you
use the same version of DevStudio/AdminTool identical to your server version
and it should work without an error). If this error does show up as well, it’s
probably a meta-data corruption. It’s a little hard to track down which field
property is causing this.
2) If the error doesn’t show up in DevStudio/AdminTool, there is a chance to
get it working if ARInside is compiled using the same API version of your
server. But I can’t offer this option in case the server-version is below
version 7.0.

As a final conclusion: this kind of error isn’t fixable easily. But aside from
the field mentioned in the error message, ARInside should generate a valid
documentation for all the other workflow.

In case option 2) is a viable option and it’s very important for you to have
this field documented correctly, please contact me off-list so I can try to
provide a special build.

-John-