From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Grooms, Frederick W
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 3:22 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Upgrading from 7.6.04 SP4 to 8.1 - Folder only has 0 MB of Free
Disk Space

Personally I would do the install like this ...

Shift Right-Click on the Disk1 folder you extracted to the D drive and choose
"Open command Window here"
In the command prompt do:
    SET TEMP=D:\TEMP
    SET TMP=D:\TEMP
    setup.cmd

This will set the environment to the temp folder you want the install to use
and will also run the install as admin.

Fred