We are planning to do an upgrade in Remedy, please provide your suggestions
on this.

Our current remedy environment is 7.1 Version and it's database version is
SQL 2005.

We are planning for an upgrade it to latest version 8.1.02 version.

We have planned in 2 sections, first upgrading Remedy 7.1 to 7.6.04 and
then to 7.6.04 to 8.1.02.

We have a new test server which is Windows Server 2012 R2 64 Bit and SQL
Server 2014 64 Bit Enterprise Edition.

We have planned to take a backup copy of AR System DB from production
server which has DB version 2005 and copied into 2014 SQL DB version, from
their we can perform the upgrade.

Is it possible, please let me know.?

Or creating a test DB at 2005 SQL version, start the upgrade in Windows
Server 2012 R2 64 Bit and point it to test DB (2005 SQL version) and later
on moving the DB instance from 2005 SQL DB to 2014 SQL DB.

*Regards,*

*Karthick Sundararajan*