Hello all,

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

We have an application that for business reasons need to validate the extension
of attachments. We cannot do it at the server level because we have multiple
applications running on the same server, each with different attachment
validation needs.   For this particular application, we also had to do the
validation on an active link because the business wanted a specific error
message that exceeded the limitation of the message text field.

The Active link is a simple one:
run if qualification looks like 'attachment' != null AND NOT('attachment' like
%.jpg)
Set attachment to null
open a dialog window with the error message (simple enough)
This workflow has been in place for over 6 months without any issues on both
Mid Tier and thick client.

Now this is the issue:
This is still working fine on the thick client. The user are still able to
attach any picture being a  jpg or JPG
But I just learn this morning that it is no longer working (since past several
days/weeks it seems) on the Mid Tier. It appears that the Mid Tier is now case
sensitive?  I can attach a jpg but it pop up the error message on a JPG

I searched the old tickets on that application and I can in fact find tickets
created from the Mid Tier with the upper case extension since that workflow was
implemented. So it looks like it was working fine until recently. And I tested
it today, and the users are correct, I am getting the error now.

We have made no changes to the Mid Tier itself or that application in
Production. The only potential change I am aware of is a patch of the AIX OS
itself on the HTTP servers. But I am told that it is impossible that it would
affect this.

Any ideas?

ARS 7.6.04 SP5
Mid Tier 8.1.2.1 Hot Fix (dev and Test)  (Having the same issue)
Mid Tier 7.6.04 SP5 (Production)
Db MS SQL 2005
http server AIX 7.X  patch ? (separate server from the Mid Tier server)
WAS8

Thank you,

Pascale Sterrett

Kenavo ar wech all

If you are not the addressee, please inform us immediately that you have
received this e-mail by mistake, and delete it. We thank you for your support.