I've honestly never done this, but, according to what you are showing, it
seems like you are doing it right....the only thing that I can say for sure
is that there is NOTHING you should be able to do to cause a thread to
'die'....if you can, it's a bug in the Remedy code that you can't fix...you
might be able to avoid the crash by doing this and that...but regardless,
the thread crashing is a bug in BMC's code.