I am not talking about moving binaries.  I am talking about how the installer
works on secondary installs.

When you install the first server in a server group the arserverd process
should be up and running.  The installer does the file system upgrade and the
db changes.

On the second (and all others) server the arserverd process should be DOWN when
you run the installer.  The installer then only lays down the binaries and does
not try to make any other changes to the database.

There are of course instances in the various installs where it still does
connect to the database via the ar server and check stuff.

And, on top of that - there's a whole bunch of configuration you need to do to
the servers prior to the upgrade.  You have to take them out of the server
group, give them back their "real" names", etc.

The upgrade manual covers all of this in excruciating detail (bring coffee).

William Rentfrow
wrentf...@stratacominc.com
Office: 715-204-3061 or 701-232-5697x25