Hi all,

Graham and I have had a lengthy discussion on several aspects, but one the main aspects is the type of text we are using on buttons. He proposed that we both used 'I' and 'OpenOffice.org' in every button. His argument: There are millions of people around there who do know how to use Office suites, but don't know how the internet works. Since changing your office suite is something different from upgrading your internet browser, the process should be comfortable to them. We can have an page for advanced users later, and also leave the menubar in tact.

How about creating design proposals that keep everything to a minimum but do include these 5 active sentences (see below; when there is a choice, either wait for people to vote on them or contribute better ones, or decide for yourself)? While it is rather radical compared to many websites, I think we should be aware of the fact that OpenOffice.org hardly has shops selling it. The website is where we have to convince the very starters.

Please try to address the language issue and how advanced users should
navigate any further (e.g. using a top menu, but you decide).

Download:
"I want to download OpenOffice.org"

Learn more:
"I want to learn more about OpenOffice.org"

Help:
"I have OpenOffice.org, but need help"

Participate:
"I have OpenOffice.org, but want to help"
or "I want to participate in OpenOffice.org" (no help here)
or "I want to participate in OpenOffice.org" (no help here)
or "I want to help OpenOffice.org""

Extend:
"I have OpenOffice.org, but want get more out of it"
or "I have OpenOffice.org, but want to extend it"
or "I want to extend OpenOffice.org"

g.,

Maarten