Hi Ivan, Austin, all,

just a few additional remarks from my side:

Ivan M wrote:
[...] The Gallery page was intended to be a place where Art project
members submit artwork for consideration/comment, etc. Now it seems
we have another distinction that needs to be made: between artwork
wanting to be official (or, rephrased, galleries that will have an
official outcome) and additional/unofficial artwork.

I think requests for becoming official artwork should be posted on this
list as it's here where this decision will be made by vote (and
comments/optimization) - at least this is what I understand about
official artwork.

[By the way - not really many people voted for or against official CD labels]

Therefore I don't see a reason for a gallery "wanting to be official" -
all artwork in the wiki can be taken as additional artwork - and if one
of them becomes official an additional notice (with link to the project
homepage) will be added.

[...] the intention is to reduce the duplication of content, and to
make browsing easier.

I don't see a problem in duplicated artwork in the wiki and the official artwork page on the website. Inside the wiki we should avoid doubled content.

In this case, that might be reducing the number
of pages, or the number of clicks it takes to get to a certain page
from the wiki. Right now, the Gallery page is easily accessible,
while the Additional Artwork Gallery is hidden away and potentially
marginalized. Thoughts?

As I hope to have dozens or hundreds of uploads to the galleries, sub pages will reduce the time people search for a specific artwork even if they have to click once or twice more.

I don't know if we can search the wiki restricted to the gallery pages - but this might be more tricky than well designed and classified sub pages.

Just my opinion...
[... lots of comments I support ...]

@ http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Website/Open_Tasks -
Might make a table so that people can list tasks that need
artwork..

I'd like to keep this list as coordination place for artwork - tasks, requests for artwork, proposals and so on should be posted here (and listed at the wiki for people jumping in later).

So we need both - just want to avoid that people add something to the wiki and wait for reply while nobody finds out about their request.

[...] Or it
could become a wishlist, while open tasks becomes the official "what
we're officially working on right now" page. In any case, the
distinction should be made clear, otherwise we're just adding pages
to the wiki and making the whole thing harder to maintain and
browse.

If we don't want to move the tasks from one list to the other, it might be easier to add an additional tag: "please help" / "started" or something like that to a single list.

@ http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Template:Art - Will
change "Resources" to "Official Resource"

This page was meant as an interface (or, more accurately, link farm
:P) between the Art project wiki and the Art project website, just
like the new Art project homepage will be an interface between the
Art project website and the Art project wiki.

We should link to the official galleries on the website - and list/link there all the official resources.

However, I had also
hoped that we could also create a kind of beginners toolbox - a
compressed file that new members can download, which contains common
graphical elements to get them started - a vector copy of the OOo
logo, color pallets, etc.... in short, a bunch of graphic files that
they can use to quickly get started on creating OOo artwork. Maybe,
maybe not. It's just an idea at this stage.

Keep this idea - I like it :-)

Best regards

Bernhard