From: Dr. Bernhard Dippold [mailto:bernh...@familie-dippold.at]
Sent: Friday, 31 July 2009 6:57 PM
To: art@marketing.openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [art] want to contribute

Hi John,

John wrote:
>                   Hello! I assume that this is the mailing list!
Yes it is :-)

>                   I am a student of graphics in a Diploma of graphics
> design. I have a dual-booted Windows/Linux computer. I have Adobe
> software and OpenSource software for graphics. Having registered at
> the art site and looked at some art contributions, what do I do next?

You already did exactly the right thing: Having a look around and joining
the mailing list :-)

If you didn't find our wiki already, I'd like to show you the content at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art.

Even if the wiki pages are not finished yet, there you might get an insight
of what we are working on (or should be working on).

Additionally you might have a look at this mailing list's archive
(http://marketing.openoffice.org/servlets/SummarizeList?listName=art). If
you read about the last three or four topics, you are quite up-to-date.

In case of any questions / suggestions please don't hesitate to post here
again.

After that you will have an impression about what artwork is needed:

In the moment we want to provide clipart for OpenOffice.org (OOo in short)
that might improve the clipart gallery inside the program, but this task is
just at the first steps.

The artwork galleries (aditional and official) needs new or updated artwork,
the wiki pages could become even more user-friendly and instructive for
people requesting or providing artwork ...

If you find any point you are interested in, just tell us and start working
on it (either on your own or together with us).

Thank you for joining our group - I hope you will feel like me: it's fun and
helps improving OpenOffice.org!

Best regards

Bernhard