Hi, Yannick!

>Thank you Michael - your blasttable2embl is
>my killer app of the day!

I'm glad that you like my little tool. :-)

>Sharing of insanely useful snippits of bioinformatic code
>is something there isn't enough of. What would you think
>about a public repository for "bio-hacks", kind of
>like http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/ ?

I think there is already plenty of high quality open source stuff out there.
But it doesn't help researchers because most microbiologists are not
programmers. They could not use a perl script and they wouldn't even look
for it in your snippets collection. I think microbiologists need tools
coming with a neat web frontend that tells them exactly what they have to do
and gives them the results. That is what I am trying to build on "my"
webserver.

Bye,
Michael.