Dear Artemis/ACT users

I have an odd error in ACT:

"comparison file read failed: out of range error: match goes off end of subject sequence: 251970"

The two short genomes I am comparing are: NC_002512 at 230138 residues, and NC_004065 at 230278 residues. I have checked both of the GenBank files. Neither are corrupt in any way and both open normally in Artemis.

I generated the comparison file using DoubleACT. When I looked at it, sure enough there is the offending line with the out of range position:

42 100.00 163340 163356 2_50000_blastdb_rcmv.seq.00150001.out 251970 251986 1_blastdb

I tried deleting it, but there are others that keep cropping up.

Has anybody seen this before? If this query is more appropriate for the DoubleACT authors, can anybody point me towards them?

I tried WebACT and it doesn't seem to have this problem. However, there are several reasons why I would prefer to use DoubleACT and open ACT locally - for instance WebACT launches ACT Release 5 rather than 6, it also saves the comparison data as a jnlp file and not as text, etc.

Cheers
Derek