I wrote a little tool in perl that will traverse a sequence file and add
\color= tags to any features that meet various criteria specified at the
command line.  It can color-tag based on the feature type, the value of a
specific tag on the feature (exact or partial string matches), or based on a
score range.  It uses the Graphics::ColorNames perl module to translate any
of 700 English color names into the appropriate Artemis-readable RGB value.
It's pretty simple to use, with a typical syntax like...

% art-color.pl --type tRNA=blue SEQUENCEFILE

Or

% art-color.pl --tag green(score<1e-5) SEQUENCEFILE

You can remove all color tags from a file by throwing it the --strip tag (or
its alias --bleach, just for humor sake :P)

Anyway, if anyone wants a copy, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to
share.  If I get a lot of requests for it I'll throw it up on my sourceforge
site.

Cheers,
Andrew