> On 05/22/2015 05:07 AM, Robert Jördens wrote:
> > Modulation seems to be especially hard as it will make the bus sharing
> > even harder.
>
> What will modulation bring from a physics perspective? DRTIO and an army of
> small FPGAs would solve the DDS bus sharing issues...

Modulation mode is not compatible with the current hardware architecture (many
DDS cards on a backplane), because it requires a 32-bit-wide bus and this would
cost us too many TTL lines on the LPC connector.  If we want DDS chips with
this direct modulation mode, they should be driven directly from a dedicated
FPGA a few at a time.  Is there anyone who needs this mode in the near term?

Daniel