> It would be good to get the interpolation running, both to improve spectral
> purity and to put the hardware through its paces before we move on to the
> next design revision (I'd love to see synchronisation at max DAC clock
> rate).

I agree with @hartytp on this. Pushing digitization artifacts to
higher frequencies is really helpful.

>> drastically reduce the SAWG digital upconverter resolution to a few
>> frequencies (use the other NCOs to for fine tuning).

Fine adjustment of SAWG f0 by RTIO and local DSP is the planned path
for dynamically compensating for time-variation of the Coherent
Paladin laser repetition rate. Could the resolution of the the f0 NCO
be defined parametrically? This could enable relatively
straightforward switching between faster compile times and finer
resolution.

> - f_RTIO = 125MHz
> - f_DAC = 2GHz
> - f_data = 1GSPS (2 x interpolation)

These parameters are fine for the UMD-Duke-ARL application set. -Joe