Hi Richard,

Thanks very much for your reply. I expect the difference I’m seeing between the
versions when there’s a normalization factor and a pressure shift is due to the
calculation of the normalization factor on the unshifted frequencies. I don’t
know enough about the physics to comment which is more appropriate.

However, I still don’t understand the differences I’m seeing with the mirror
lines, as they are there even with no cutoff and no forefactor. In v2.3 I get
identical results if I use:

  1.  abs_lines_per_speciesAddMirrorLines with a single line with no pressure
shift @ H2O-161 183310107053.569 0.0 2.3119066399931e-16 296
2.70486699225234e-21 30326.8955785838 153557.646880829 0.71 0.71 296 0 3000000
0.1 0.05 0.05 -1 -1 -1
  2.  a manual mirror line: @ H2O-161 183310107053.569 0.0 2.3119066399931e-16
296 2.70486699225234e-21 30326.8955785838 153557.646880829 0.71 0.71 296 0
3000000 0.1 0.05 0.05 -1 -1 -1
                                                     @ H2O-161
-183310107053.569 0.0 2.3119066399931e-16 296 2.70486699225234e-21
30326.8955785838 153557.646880829 0.71 0.71 296 0 3000000 0.1 0.05 0.05 -1 -1 -1
In v2.5 these two line files give different results (when the first is applied
with mirroring_option=”None” and the second with mirroring_option=”Manual”)

Note that I’m doing these tests with a Lorentz line shape, so the differences
in the Voigt function shouldn’t matter.

Thanks for your time,

Stuart