Hi Patrick,

I'm currently working on the conversion of the lookup table to use
propmat_clearsky_agenda instead of abs_xsec_agenda and also porting the
remaining abs_xsec_per_speciesAdd* methods to propmat_clearksyAdd*. It should
be ready within the next two weeks.

> On 22 Sep 2021, at 08:30, Patrick Eriksson <patrick.eriks...@chalmers.se>
> wrote:
>
> Hi again,
>
> Seems that I have found the reason to some of the failing tests "the hard
> way". After spending time on some other failing calculations, I have figured
> out that the default in ARTS gives absorption lookup-tables that miss all
> lines. For example, TestOdinSMR_1D uses
>
> Copy(abs_xsec_agenda, abs_xsec_agenda__noCIA)
>
> This agenda is defined as
>
> AgendaSet( abs_xsec_agenda__noCIA ){
>  abs_xsec_per_speciesInit
>  abs_xsec_per_speciesAddConts
> }
>
> No inclusion of lines! Another Odin/SMR test uses
>
> AgendaSet( abs_xsec_agenda ) {
>  abs_xsec_per_speciesInit
>  abs_xsec_per_speciesAddConts
>  abs_xsec_per_speciesAddLines
> }
>
> and this works. Both tests generates abs tables.
>
> I get a message that abs_xsec_per_speciesAddLines is deprecated. But why
> removed from the defaults for abs_xsec_agenda before the alternative is in
> place?

I think (@richard correct me if I'm wrong), it was done during the conversion
of  abs_xsec_per_speciesAddLines to propmat_clearksyAddLines. In that process,
most controlfiles where converted to only use propmat_clearsky. Calculations
that require AddConts or AddCIA, which are not converted to propmat_clearsky
yet, use propmat_clearskyAddXsecAgenda to call abs_xsec_agenda and converts the
cross sections to absorption coefficients. Since AddLines is already available
as a propmat_clearsky method, it was removed from the default abs_xsec_agenda
to not accidentally calculate line absorption twice.

> Anyhow, how shall abs_xsec_agenda be defined to get correct abs tables in
> v2.5?

For lookup tables the abs_xsec_agenda has to be set explicitly to contain
abs_xsec_per_speciesAddLines in the controlfile.

As you found, the TestOdinSMR.arts files was adapted for that. Unfortunately,
it seems that controlfiles that are not part of the default "make check" where
missed.

Cheers,
Oliver