Dear all,

I stumbled accross this interesting paper on an open C library for particularly
efficient MC calculations. Could this be the basis of ARTS 3D MC flux and
heating rate calculations? Using MC sampling also for the spectral dimension,
to be efficient, as in the second paper, which is also impressive, I think.
They use MC sampling even for the spectral lines, if I got it right! (Basically
treating each transition as if it were its own absorption species.)

/Stefan

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/smsisfgc2it3sx4gov970/J-Adv-Model-Earth-Syst-2019-Villefranque-A-Path-E2-80-90Tracing-Monte-Carlo-Library-for-3-E2-80-90D-Radiative-Transfer-in-Highly.pdf?rlkey=v5yvrm64fnljaf739j4ssllux&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r1tm3jdzx57kb85nowmt0/Yaniss_ea_PNAS_2023_smi.pdf?rlkey=8d4a7rb4u8pehckawbfk08c9f&dl=0